2020 “MTN DEW® Year of DEW”
Sweepstakes at Kroger
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. PURCHASING A PRODUCT WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING. MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY IF ENTERING ON A MOBILE DEVICE. VOID WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00 a.m. ET on 6/22/20 and ends at 11:59 p.m. ET on 7/19/20 (“Sweepstakes Period”).
2. HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter via the following methods:
(a) TEXT MESSAGE: Use your mobile phone to text “YEAROFDEW” to short code 99888 and you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Participants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter by text message and may incur standard text message and data charges from their wireless service provider for each message sent and received. Approximately a total of three (3) text messages will be required to participate. Check with your wireless service provider for details on any applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. By entering this sweepstakes via text messaging the entrant is consenting to receive text and phone messages regarding the Sweepstakes. Entrants will be given the opportunity to “cancel” (or unsubscribe) each time they receive a text message by sending “STOP” to the phone number above;
(b) INTERNET: Visit www.pepsipromos.com/yearofdew and follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit an online entry.
Limit one (1) entry per day per person. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) ET and ending at 11:59 p.m. ET the same day. The time clock of the Sweepstakes administrator is the official clock for this Sweepstakes
In the event of dispute over the identity of a potential winner, an online or text message entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of such email address or wireless phone number submitted at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address or wireless phone number. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail, wireless phone number or postal address during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of emailing/texting does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email/IP addresses or wireless phone number may be blocked.
3. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States, residing in AL, AR, IL, IN, KY, LA, MS, OH, NC, TN, VA, or WV who are eighteen (18) years of age or older (19+ in AL) at the time of entry. Employees, contractors, directors, and officers of The Kroger Co., PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, Pepsi Beverages Company (“Sponsor”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively “Sponsor and Promotion Parties”), and immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each) and those living in the same households as such employees are not eligible to participate.
4. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prizes: Eight (8) Grand Prizes will be awarded (two (2) in each of four (4) Kroger Divisions) consisting a year’s supply of Mtn Dew in the form of fifty-two (52) manufacturers coupons, each coupon redeemable at retail for one (1) free (any variety of) Mtn Dew 12-ounce can 12-packs. Approximate Retail Value (“ARV”): $285.48 (52 x $5.49 Kroger everyday retail).
Limit one prize per name, address and/or household.
5. DRAWINGS: Eight (8) potential winners will be selected (two (2) in each of five (4) Kroger divisions) in random drawings from among all eligible entries in each Kroger division throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received in each Kroger Division. Drawings will occur on or about 7/22/20 and will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final and binding. All prizes will be awarded. Entrants’ placement in a Kroger Division will be determined by Sponsor in its sole discretion.
Kroger Division Winner Selected from Entries from:
Winner 1-2 Louisville Division IL, IN, KY
Winner 3-4 Nashville Division TN, AL
Winner 5-6 Delta Division AR, LA, MS
Winner 7-8 Mid-Atlantic Division NC, OH, VA, WV
6. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by text, phone and/or email at the text, phone and/or email address provided upon entry, within three (3) days of the drawing. If a potential prize winner is notified by text or phone, he/she will be required to respond within seventy-two (72) hours or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless service which may result in a potential winner not receiving initial prize notification. Once potential winner notification is confirmed to Sponsor, the potential prize winner will be sent an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release to be signed and returned within the number of days indicated on the Affidavit. In the event (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable without a forwarding address; (ii) a telephone or text message notification is not confirmed to Sponsor within seventy-two (72) hours; (iii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days; or (iv) if winner is otherwise unable to attend an event when specified or accept the prize as stated, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate winner. Allow three (3) to four (4) weeks for delivery of the prize following the notification process. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within AL, AR, IL, IN, KY, LA, MS, OH, NC, TN, VA, or WV.
7. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or land line phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, such as by way of example and not by way of limitation, in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment, and Sponsor shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online from time to time during the Promotion for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
8. RELEASES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor, and Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a play or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize. The winner shall bear all risk of loss or damage to their prize after it has been delivered. Sponsor and Promotion Parties make no representations or warranties of any kind concerning the appearance, safety or performance of any prize; except for any express manufacturer’s warranty as may be included with the prize. Except for residents of Tennessee and where prohibited by law, winner grants to Sponsor the right to print, publish, broadcast and use worldwide in any media now known or hereinafter known, the winner’s name, address, voice, statement, picture or other likeness, without additional compensation, for public relations, advertising and promotional purposes as may be determined by Sponsor.
10. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the play process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. Sponsor’s failure to enforce any term of these Official Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. Headings are solely for convenience and will not be deemed to affect in any manner the meaning or intent of the documents or any provision hereof. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT BY A USER OR PARTICIPANT OR ANY OTHER INDIVIDUAL TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSBILE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
IN NO EVENT WILL THE RELEASED PARTIES BE RESPONSIBLE OR LIABLE FOR ANY DAMAGES OR LOSSES OF ANY KIND, INCLUDING DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR PUNITIVE DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF ENTRANT’S ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, THE WEBSITES AND/OR THIS PROMOTION, OR ENTRANT’S DOWNLOADING FROM AND/OR PRINTING MATERIAL DOWNLOADED FROM ANY WEBSITES ASSOCIATED WITH THE PROMOTION.
11. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, postmarked by 8/29/20 to: Mtn Dew Year of Dew at Kroger Winners’ List, c/o PSG, PO Box 941459, Maitland, FL 32794-1459.
12. SPONSOR: Pepsi-Cola Company, 7380 W. Sand Lake Road, #230, Orlando, FL 32819.
MTN DEW is a registered trademark of PepsiCo, Inc.