“2018 Pepsi®/Brian Dozier Meet & Greet” Sweepstakes
NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. PURCHASE WILL NOT INCREASE YOUR CHANCE OF WINNING. STANDARD MESSAGE AND DATA RATES MAY APPLY. OFFERED ONLY TO RESIDENTS OF MINNESOTA. VOID EVERYWHERE ELSE AND WHERE PROHIBITED.
1. SWEEPSTAKES PERIOD: Sweepstakes begins at 12:00:00 a.m. Central Time (CT) on June 28, 2018 and ends at 11:59:59 p.m. CT on July 11, 2018. (“Sweepstakes Period”).
HOW TO ENTER: During the Sweepstakes Period, you can enter via the following methods: (a) TEXT MESSAGE: Use your mobile phone to text “DOZIER” to 99888 and you will be automatically entered into the Sweepstakes. Participants must have a mobile phone with text messaging capabilities to enter by text message and may incur standard text message and data charges from their wireless service provider for each message sent and received. Approximately a total of three (3) text messages per entry will be required to participate using this method. Check with your wireless service provider for details on any applicable charges. Participants are solely responsible for any such wireless charges. Not all wireless carriers participate. By entering this Sweepstakes via text messaging the entrant is consenting to receive text and phone messages regarding the Sweepstakes. Entrants will be given the opportunity to “cancel” (or unsubscribe) each time they receive a text message by sending “STOP” to the short code above; or (b) INTERNET: Enter via the internet by visiting www.pepsicopromo.com/dozier (the “Website”), and follow the on-screen instructions to properly complete and submit an online entry.
Limit one (1) entry per person per day by any method. Multiple entries per person per day, regardless of method of entry, including multiple entries by the same entrant using different e-mail addresses or mobile phone numbers, will invalidate ALL entries submitted by that entrant for the entire Sweepstakes Period. A “day” is defined as a twenty-four (24) hour time period beginning at 12:00 a.m. (midnight) CT and ending at 11:59 p.m. CT. By submitting an entry by any method, you agree to these Official Rules and all decisions of Sponsor, which are final and binding.
In the event of dispute over the identity of a potential winner, an online or text message entry will be declared made by the authorized account holder of such email address or wireless phone number provided at the time of entry, and potential winner may be required to provide identification sufficient to show that he/she is the authorized account holder of such email address or wireless phone number. It is solely the responsibility of the entrant to notify the Sponsor in writing if the entrant changes his or her e-mail address or wireless phone number during the Sweepstakes Period. Proof of online submission/texting does not constitute proof of delivery or entry. All entries become the property of Sponsor and will not be acknowledged or returned. Each entry submission must be manually key stroked and manually entered by the individual entrant; automated and/or repetitive electronic submission of entries (including but not limited to entries made using any script, macro, bot or sweepstakes service) will be disqualified and transmissions from these or related email/IP addresses or wireless phone numbers may be blocked.
2. ELIGIBILITY: The Sweepstakes is open only to individuals who are legal residents of the United States, residing in Minnesota, who are 18 years or older at the time of entry. Employees of Cub Foods, PepsiCo, Inc., Pepsi-Cola Company and its bottlers, Pepsi Beverages Company (“Sponsor”), each of their parent, subsidiary, affiliated and related entities, any entity which, now or in the future, controls, is controlled by, or is under common control with the Clubs or the BOC and the owners, general and limited partners, shareholders, directors, officers, employees and agents of the foregoing entities (“MLB Entities”), Brian Dozier, Major League Baseball Players Association and its affiliates, and their respective members (including active Major League baseball players), officers, directors, trustees, employees and agents and their successors and assigns (collectively, “MLBPA Entities”), and each of their respective parents, subsidiaries and affiliated companies, distributors, Web design, advertising, fulfillment, judging and promotion agencies involved in the administration, development, fulfillment and execution of this Sweepstakes (collectively, the “Promotion Parties”) and the immediate family members (spouse, parent, child, sibling, grandparent, and/or “step” of each) and those living in the same households as such employees are not eligible to participate. Void outside the states listed above and where prohibited or restricted by law, rule or regulation.
3. PRIZE DETAILS:
Grand Prizes: Four (4) Grand Prizes will be awarded, each consisting of four (4) passes for winner and three guests to attend a meet-and-greet event in Minnesota with Brian Dozier. Approximate Retail Value (ARV) $80 . Meet-and-Greet Event dates and specific location have not yet been finalized and will be scheduled at the convenience of Sponsor and Brian Dozier. All other expenses of participating in the meet-and-greet event that are not specifically mentioned herein, such as costs of transportation to and from event, parking, meals, etc. are solely the responsibility of the prize winner and guests. Any minor guest (under the age of 18) must be at least sixteen (16) years of age or older and must be accompanied by an adult at all times. Winners and their guests must comply with all instructions associated with the meet-and-greet event and may be required to sign additional releases to participate. If any winner or guest behaves in an unruly manner, or otherwise violates the instructions or policies for the meet-and-greet event, such winner or guest may be required to leave the premises, and no compensation or prize substitution will be allowed. No responsibility is assumed by Sponsors for canceled, delayed, suspended or rescheduled event. Sponsor and Promotion Parties are not responsible for weather conditions, Acts of God, acts of terrorism, civil disturbances, work stoppage or any other natural disaster outside their control that may cause the cancellation, delay, suspension, postponement and/or rescheduling of any meet-and-greet event. Sponsor and Promotion Parties shall have no responsibility or liability to any winner or guest if Mr. Dozier becomes unavailable for the meeting with winner and guests for any reason, including but not limited to illness, family or business emergency, trade, weather, travel cancellations, or other acts beyond Sponsor’s control. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute another player should Mr. Dozier become unavailable. If a meet-and-greet event is rescheduled for any reason, Sponsor will offer passes to the rescheduled event to winner and guests, in which case Sponsor shall have no further obligation to winner or guests. Event passes awarded as prizes may not be transferred, resold or offered for resale. Any such resale may result in disqualification and prize forfeiture. No cash in lieu of prize and no substitution of prize allowed. There shall be no compensation or prize substitution if a winner or guest is unable to attend either scheduled meet-and-greet event.
4. DRAWING: Potential winners will be selected in a random drawing from among all eligible entries received throughout the Sweepstakes Period. Odds of winning depend upon the total number of eligible entries received. Drawing will occur on or about July 13, 2018 and will be conducted by an independent judging organization, whose decisions shall be final and binding. All prizes will be awarded.
5. WINNER NOTIFICATION: Potential winners will be notified by text, phone, and/or email at the text, phone, and/or email address provided upon entry, within two (2) days of the drawing. Potential prize winner must respond within seventy-two (72) hours from the time of notification or prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Sponsor is not responsible for suspended or discontinued wireless service or e-mail spam filter, which may result in a potential winner not receiving the initial prize notification. Once a potential winner has responded to the notification, Sponsor may send the potential prize winner an Affidavit of Eligibility and Liability/Publicity Release to be signed, notarized and returned within the number of days indicated on the Affidavit. In the event (i) the attempted notification is returned as undeliverable; or (ii) a potential winner does not timely respond to the telephone, email or text message notification; or (iii) any required documents are not returned within the required number of days; or (iv) if potential winner is otherwise unable to attend an event when specified or accept the prize as stated; or (v) a potential winner declines the prize for any reason or is otherwise determined to be ineligible, prize will be forfeited and may be awarded to an alternate potential winner, at Sponsor’s sole discretion and time permitting, randomly selected from among all remaining eligible entries. Allow two (2) to five (5) weeks for delivery of the prize following the notification process. Subject to verification of eligibility and compliance with the Official Rules, the potential winner shall be declared the official winner of the Sweepstakes. Prizes will only be delivered to addresses within MN.
6. LIMITATIONS OF LIABILITY: Sponsor, the MLB Entities, MLBPA Entities, Brian Dozier and Promotion Parties assume no responsibility or liability for (a) any incorrect or inaccurate entry information, or for any faulty or failed electronic data transmissions; (b) any unauthorized access to, or theft, destruction or alteration of entries at any point in the operation of this Sweepstakes; (c) any technical malfunction, failure, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or communications line failure, regardless of cause, with regard to any equipment, systems, networks, lines, satellites, servers, camera, computers or providers utilized in any aspect of the operation of the Sweepstakes; (d) inaccessibility or unavailability of any network or wireless service, the Internet or website or any combination thereof; (e) suspended or discontinued Internet, wireless or land line phone service; or (f) any injury or damage to participants or to any other person’s computer or mobile device which may be related to or resulting from any attempt to participate in the Sweepstakes or download of any materials in the Sweepstakes. If, for any reason, the Sweepstakes is not capable of running as planned for reasons which may include without limitation, infection by computer virus, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures, or any other causes which may corrupt or affect the administration, security, fairness, integrity or proper conduct of this Sweepstakes, then Sponsor reserves the right at its sole discretion to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Sweepstakes in whole or in part. In such event, Sponsor shall immediately suspend all drawings and prize awards, and Sponsor reserves the right to award any remaining prizes (up to the total set forth in these Official Rules) in a manner deemed fair and equitable by Sponsor, such as by way of example and not by way of limitation, in a random drawing from among all eligible, non-suspect entries received up to the time of the impairment, and Sponsor and Promotion Parties shall not have any further liability to any participant in connection with the Sweepstakes. Sponsor may modify and amend these Official Rules as they may appear online from time to time during the Promotion for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Sweepstakes.
7. WINNERS RELEASES: By participating in the Sweepstakes, entrants release Sponsor, participating retailers, the MLBPA Entities, Brian Dozier and Promotion Parties from and against any and all liability, claims or actions of any kind whatsoever for injuries, damages, or losses to persons or property which may be sustained in connection with submitting a play or otherwise participating in any aspect of the Sweepstakes, the receipt, ownership or use of any prize awarded, or while preparing for, participating in or traveling to or from any prize-related activity or any typographical or other error in these Official Rules or the announcement or offering of any prize.
9. CONDUCT: By participating in this Sweepstakes, participants agree to be bound by these Official Rules and the decisions of the Sponsor that shall be final and binding in all respects. Failure to comply with these Official Rules may result in disqualification. Sponsor reserves the right, at its sole discretion, to disqualify any individual found to be tampering with the play process or the operation of the Sweepstakes; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be in violation of the Official Rules; or to be acting in any manner deemed by Sponsor to be unsportsmanlike or disruptive, or with intent to annoy, abuse, threaten or harass any other person. CAUTION: ANY ATTEMPT TO DELIBERATELY DAMAGE ANY WEBSITE ASSOCIATED WITH THIS SWEEPSTAKES OR UNDERMINE THE LEGITIMATE OPERATION OF THE SWEEPSTAKES IS A VIOLATION OF CRIMINAL AND CIVIL LAWS AND SHOULD SUCH AN ATTEMPT BE MADE, SPONSOR AND ITS AGENTS RESERVE THE RIGHT TO SEEK DAMAGES (INCLUDING ATTORNEYS’ FEES) AND OTHER REMEDIES FROM ANY SUCH PERSON OR PERSONS RESPONSIBLE FOR THE ATTEMPT TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
10. WINNERS’ LIST: For the names of the winners, send a self-addressed, stamped envelope, postmarked by 9/1/18 to “2018 Pepsi/Brian Dozier Baseball Sweepstakes” Winners’ List PSG, PO Box 941459, Maitland, FL 32794-0340.
11. SPONSOR: Pepsi Beverages Company, 1300 East Cliff Road, Burnsville MN 55337.
This Sweepstakes is not sponsored, produced or executed by any MLBPA Entity or any Major League baseball player.
PEPSI and the Pepsi Globe are registered trademarks of PepsiCo, Inc.
MLBPA trademarks, copyrighted works, and other intellectual property rights are owned by MLBPA and may not be used without MLBPA’s written consent. Visit www.MLBPLAYERS.com, the Players Choice on the web.